March 14 – 24, 2018
Ripple Effect Journeys – Peru begins and ends in Cusco. Capital of the Inca Empire, it became the center of Spain’s settlement in South America. The charm of this city will captivate you. Next, travel into The Sacred Valley, a place of breathtaking beauty and peaceful serenity. Here, board a train for a ride through the Andes Mountains. Destination? Machu Picchu!
But Ripple Effect Journeys takes you beyond the sights. The people you meet and the experiences enjoyed, invite you not only to travel but also to serve. Here’s how:
- Peruvian Hearts empowers young women to break the cycle of poverty through education. Get to know Peruvian Hearts scholars as you join them in an activity. YOU serve by listening to the girls. This validates their ambitions and encourages them to succeed.
- Visit the family home of some Peruvian Hearts scholars. YOU serve by encouraging a girl’s family as they support possibilities for her in the future.
- Meet members of the Centro de Textiles Tradicionales in Chinchero. These women are not only weavers and teachers, but also entrepreneurs. YOU serve by purchasing Peruvian keepsakes directly from an artisan which supports her family’s livelihood.
- Experience Media Luna’s rural tourism initiative. Learn how to make chicha (a traditional Peruvian beverage), try your hand at weaving, discover the medicinal value of plants and enjoy a traditional Peruvian lunch. YOU serve by supporting this sustainable community development program, financially empowering community women.
- Enjoy amazing food in a whimsical setting at Yanapay Restaurant and Cafe. YOU serve by eating here because the proceeds support Aldea Yanapay, a Cusco orphanage.
Connect with other women and travel with impact!
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in meaningful travel experiences and would like to receive information about the trip to Peru or future Ripple Effect Journeys, please complete the form below.